Dear Students/Parents/Alumni members
With the ongoing concerns on the pandemic COVID-19, we would like to update you on our preparedness and preventive measures as a responsible Chartered University in Uganda.
At ISBAT University, we commit to take care of the health and safety of our students, staff and all members of our University community at all times. With that in mind, we wanted to update you on the actions we have taken in response to the prevailing situation.
We are closely monitoring, and following the recommendations and guidelines of the government and health authorities to continue providing the best services while ensuring the safety of all stakeholders and the society at large.
The following are the measures undertaken by the University:
- Our administration team is mobilized to follow the directives and recommendations issued by the health authorities and different international organizations such as WHO in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Implement the most effective protocols putting our university community and other stakeholders’ health and safety on top of our priorities.
- Informative materials regarding symptoms and prevention of the COVID-19 virus from the health authority are in place.
- Team members have been informed to adapt the best hygiene practices and the procedure to handle any suspected cases.
- Every member of the community has been directed to wash their hands before they enter the campus, and arrangements have been made.
- At the entry security desk, hand sanitizers are placed for further safety.
- Human Body Temperature Sensor is used to measure the temperatures of every one who enters the campus for appropriate health measures.
- Travel record of every foreign members are recorded and any recent arrivals are advised to take strict self-isolation as per the directives of the health authorities.
- In the event of any directions by the government on campus shutdown, we will still be serving you using the Virtual Campus facilities on hybrid blended learning platform such that our regular lessons shall progress through mobile App. Hence all students are directed to ensure that their re-registration process is completed at the earliest to ensure access to the hybrid platform.
We understand that this is a very challenging time, and we seek cooperation from every members of the university community for the safety of us all, and our country.
We want you to know that your safety and wellbeing are our top priority at this testing time, and urge all to adhere to the set guidelines.
The University Management