(International Business, Science And Technology University)
ISBAT University has carved a niche for itself among the best Universities in Uganda. ISBAT as a quality brand in education sector has been in existence in Uganda since 2006, being ranked consistently among the top higher education institutions. It has an excellent array of international collaborative arrangements with reputed Universities, Business schools, and ICT Academies that enable student and faculty exchanges, credit mapping and credit transfer, paving the way for a unique multicultural and eclectic experience in a global scenario.
ISBAT University has been granted a Charter by H. E. The President of the Republic of Uganda upon the recommendations of Uganda National Council for Higher Education in November 2019, and is one of the few Chartered Universities in Uganda.
Originally founded in 2006, in Kampala, the capital city of Uganda, by a renowned philanthropist and educationist Mr. Varghese Mundamattam, in his quest to make quality education affordable and accessible in Uganda and in the East African region with a moto of empowering lives of every citizen. Established initially as a Tertiary Institution, moved on to the level of a Degree-awarding Institution and finally transformed in January 2016 into a fully-fledged University with own state-of-the-art metropolitan campus in Kampala. A member of the Future Education and Technology Group, ISBAT University is well recognized and respected for imparting high quality education and training in Uganda as well as in the East African region with a highly focused skill based training model to create employable professionals.
The dawn of 2016, ISBAT was accredited as ISBAT UNIVERSITY (International Business, Science And Technology University), for its continuous efforts to provide Quality Education that will churn out holistic and empowered global citizens. The University offers Bachelors and Masters Degree programmes in various disciplines such as Information and Communication Technology, Business, Commerce, Multimedia, Animation and Engineering.
The University also established a modern technology lab branded CyberVault, which provides real time and ultimate learning experience in Cyber Security, Data Center Virtualization, Data Science engineering, Ethical Hacking and Digital Cyber Forensic. The Computer Animation and Multimedia studio was successfully installed with all digital equipment to cater for the needs of what a real Animation studio needs, which gives students to achieve more practical experience.
The University has seen all-round development over the last over three years with introduction of new-age and highly demanded academic programmes, establishment of higher-end Information Technology labs and Engineering labs to ensure that the skills being imparted to its community is next to none. The University ensures that the tuition fees are generally affordable to common citizens while upholding quality and standards of academic delivery and skilling based on practical learning and real life projects. The University fulfills its social responsibility by offering bursaries to economically backward and academically excelled students through talent-hunt scholarship exams. The university also supports and encourages students in sports and giving bursary support to such students who has proven track record in sports at the school level.
- ISBAT University is a Chartered University
- All Programmes are accredited by NCHE (National Council for Higher Education)
- Holistic education Philosophy with Outcome Based Learning (OBL) pedagogy
- Curriculum is Industry relevant, designed by International experts in industry and academia, enabling Outcome Based Learning
- Blended Learning Platform, accessible anytime, anywhere through mobile Apps
- Blended Skilling Platform accessible anytime, anywhere through Apps to supplement the OBL
- Apps for Students, Parents /Sponsors & Lecturers to enable inclusive learning
- Experienced Professors, Visiting Professors & Experts from Academia & Industry
- State-of-the-art infrastructure and practical Labs with modern Smart classrooms & WiFi connectivity
- Extensively stocked Library both physical and on-line, for increased academic focus and research
- International Memberships leading to global recognition of awards
- Unique partnerships with global IT Academies leading to cutting-edge skills certification
- Centre for Industry Interaction, practical learning, case studies & Workshops
- Focus on Research & Innovation and facility for project incubation
- Student life at campus - Business Club, Technology Club, Cultural Club, Sports & E-Sports
- Affordable Cafeteria, in-campus bank facility with ATM
- Multi-culture environment, Students from over 30 Countries
- Friendly, conducive and easily adaptable Campus
- Dual awards for MBA with top ranking European University
- Centre for Continuous Employability, soft skills training and Placement Assistance
- Scholarship bursary for top performers, differentially abled & Special needs category on conditions
- Most competitive and affordable fee structure with easy-pay installment scheme
- Hostel facility available upon request
- Isbat University now offers programmes supported by the Student Loan Sheme of the Higher Education Students Finance Board ( HESFB)
ISBAT University is a Chartered University in Uganda, meaning that your awards are recognized at par with a public university, and is acceptable across the globe.
Your learning and skilling will be of prime concern and on top priority for sure, but as part of the holistic learning process, social life, discipline, and ethical practices are considered to be of equal importance at ISBAT university.
ISBAT University campus is filled with multiple nationalities and cultures, and for sure, like you, everyone is eager to meet people, learn and appreciate their cultures and exchange ideas.
One of the best ways to build your social circle is to participate in on-campus activities. You can join numerous activities, societies, clubs, sports teams or academic groups that interest you.
Where will you live?
Some students prefer off-campus housing for more independence. We recommend you for specific hostels as recommended by the management. ISBAT University will have own hostel by Fall session 2020, and you may apply in advance as demands are high.
Where do I eat from?
There is an on-campus cafeteria serving most of the African /Asian/ Continental dishes, which are made hygienically and at affordable cost.
Where will you go for help when you are sick?
ISBAT University campus has on-campus sickbay which operated round the clock to attend any medical emergencies. Insurance is being implemented from the Spring 2020 sessions, and there will be a clinic on-campus being operated by AAR.
Does the campus has free Wifi?
Yes, the ISBAT University campus is equipped with high speed wifi connections accessible across the infrastructure.
What other student services are available at the University?
You may contact the Dean of Students for specific needs such as counseling, specific concerns on matters affecting your studies, etc.
You may also contact the office of the Student Services for assistance regarding to student visa processing, career-related matters, additional skilling related matters, advice on personal needs for foreign students, etc.
How do you get involved in sports activities?
Sports and athletes are an important part of ISBAT University. There are regular games played by basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis, American football and other on-campus teams including e-sports. As a student, you can try-out to be on the team or show your support as a spectator at the games.
How do you get involved with a club or other activities?
You are requested to follow the calendar published on the website or student portal for details of various activities during a semester. You may also contact the Student Services or Dean of Students to get to know the contacts of the coordinators of each activity and the procedures involved in participating in a specific activity.
What else important information on campus?
You should be regularly checking notices or information published from time to time on Notice Board, or on the student portal. You are required to download the mobile App of the University and be fully compliant on academic submissions, internal assessments including the mid-semester CBT, and ensure timely payment of fees to be eligible for a smooth academic progression.
Blended learning platforms to be fully utilized and attendance of above 90% kept for all class/lab/ field activities for a smooth progression to the higher levels.
How do I get any scholarship bursary at ISBAT University?
- Top ranking students are chosen for scholarship bursaries by the academic committee.
- Differentially abled categories, if chosen for admission, will be eligible for waive off 50% of the tuition as per the policy of the University.
- University management announces various bursary programs from time to time, and you may contact Student Services for more information.
International Accreditation Council for Business Education
The International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), formerly the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education, is an educational accreditation agency for college and university business programs. It is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation as a programmatic accrediting organization. It is also a member of the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education.
The Faculty of Business and Commerce of the University is currently undergoing stages of accreditation of her academic programs with the IACBE
EC-Council Accredited Training Centers (ATC)
The International Council of Electronic Commerce Consultants is an organization that offers cybersecurity certification, education, training, and services in various cybersecurity skills. EC-Council is headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and has certified over 237,000 professionals from 145 countries.
ISBAT University - Chartered University07 November 2019 ISBAT University has been granted a Charter by H.E. Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, The President of Republic of Uganda, on the recommendation of Uganda National Council for Higher Education (UNCHE)
ISBAT University - Provisional License04 January 2016 ISBAT University was accredited with a Provisional License by Uganda National Council for Higher Education (UNCHE)
University Top Leadership
Mr Varghese Mundamattam
Hon. Fred Jachan Omach Mandir
Col. Dr. K M Mathew
Governing Council Chairman
Rev. Fr. George Thomas