Dr. Pradeep K. Mukherji
President and Managing Partner, Avasant
Dr Pradeep Mukherji heads Avasant’s Asia & Africa operations. He brings to Avasant over 20 years of rich experience and expertise as an international Management Consultant and recognized thought Leadership for Governments, development institutions and trade bodies at national & international level initiatives concerning e-Government, digital skill and standards development, legal, regulatory and organizational/institutional best practice adoption. He regularly advises and works on initiatives with development institutions like The World Bank, United Nations; donor agencies like The Rockefeller Foundation and Governments in emerging countries, on e-Government, public service enhancement, development of ICT strategy, policies, capacity building & entrepreneurship development.
- Engagement sponsor and Quality Assurance Partner for the Malawi Digital Government Strategy Project
- In a World Bank initiative for Uganda, mentored and provided thought leadership for development of an e-Government Centre of excellence for digital entrepreneurship & innovation in public services
- Quality Assurance Partner for the development of an e-Government Strategy & Action Plan for the Government of Nunavut (GN), Canada
- Led the development of an Econometric Model for Government of Rwanda to determine the economic impact of ICT investments made by the government in improving public service delivery through e- Government. Assessed economic outcomes in terms of growth, value added to GDP, and jobs created.
- Export Promotion Council, Kenya & Commonwealth Secretariat: Led the identification of key policy and regulatory requirements/changes for expanding the services sector with emphasis on six prioritized services – ICT, BPO, Banking, Legal, Engineering and Freight Forwarding. Reviewed recommendations of the World Bank & Commonwealth Secretariat.
- Advisor to donor organizations and governments in various national and regional ICT sector strategy, skill and capability development initiatives.
- Contributor and advisor to the World Bank funded project for Leveraging ICT for Governance, Growth and Employment with Government of Bangladesh.