Dr Tripathi brings in over 15 years of experience in academics and industry with expertise in Recruitment, Training, Business Communication, Industrial Relations, Organizational Behavior and Psychology. Her academic assets include a Bachelors Degree in Commerce, Masters in Business Administration with Human Resource as the specialization from Allahabad University and Masters in Psychology from Indira Gandhi National Open University with specialization in Industrial Psychology.
She has completed her Fellow Program (PhD) from Lucknow University, India, in the area of Industrial Relations. She is certified and licensed in two psychometric tools- FIRO B (Personality Test) and Strong Interest Inventory (Career Guidance). She has also co-authored the book, HR@Analytics.
Dr Tripathi is a seasoned researcher and has conducted various research studies for Government of India, viz., Uttarakhand State sponsored by Planning Commission of India and for Ministry of Agriculture. She has several research papers presented/published to her credit in various conferences/journals of repute.
In her free time she write blogs both in Hindi and English languages for her blog site, hertalez.wordpress.com.
- Associate Professor- 1st April, 2020- To date, ISBAT University, Kampala, Uganda
- HR Business Consultant, 1st November, 2017- 31st March, 2020, Tight Security Limited, Kampala, Uganda
- Assistant Professor (School of Management Studies), 14th July, 2012 – 22nd April, 2017, Graphic Era University, Dehradun, India
- Lecturer- 10th August, 2009 – 15th June, 2012, University of Petroleum& Energy Studies, Dehradun, India
- Lecturer- 5th March, 2005 – 6th August, 2009, IISE (International Instt. For Special Education), Lucknow, India
- Trainer & HR Consultant- September, 2004 – March, 2005, Adecco PeopleOne Consulting, Lucknow, India
- MA Psychology from IGNOU (Session 2014-2016) Specialization- Industrial Psychology Ist Division with Distinction.
- Ph D from University of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (India).
Topic: A Study of Worker’s Participation in Management in select Industrial Units in U.P. (May 2013).
- MBA from Motilal Nehru Institute of Research and Business Administration (MONIRBA), University of Allahabad, India with Human Resource as specialization (session 2001-2003).
- B.Com from University of Allahabad, India with Labor Laws as specialization (1998-2001).
- 10th (ICSE) and 12th (ISC) from St. Mary’s Convent Inter College, Allahabad, India in the year 1996 and 1998 respectively.
- Research Paper, titled ‘Motivation through work environment-A study of Education Sector’ in Invertis Journal of Science and Technology, ISSN 0973-8940, Pg 49-52, Vol 2, No.1, 2008
- Research Paper, titled ‘Workers Participation in Management decision making (A Study on Indian Fertilizer Industry)’, Gumbad Business Review, ISSN 0973-6158, Pg 66-69, Vol VI No.2, Jan-June 2011.
- Research Paper, titled ‘Determinants of Workers’ Participation in Management: An empirical study of Sugar and Fertilizer Industry of Uttar Pradesh’, IMS-Manthan, ISSN 0974-7141, Pg 37, Vol VI, Issue II, Dec 2012.
- Research Paper, titled ‘MGNREGA- A ray of hope for women or a myth’, International Journal of Advanced Research in Management and Social Sciences, ISSN 2278-6236, Vol 2, No.6,Pg 146-150, June 2013, cited on Google Scholar.
- Research Paper, titled ‘Rethinking Development: People centered approach to sustainable consumption’, International Journal of Innovative Research in Engineering and Management (IJIREM), ISSN 2350-0557, Vol 1, Issue 1, pg 15-18, July 2014, cited on Google Scholar, Impact Factor .308
- Research Paper, titled “Human Resource Planning: A Vehicle towards Achieving an Effective Supply Chain Management through Manpower”, Siddhant- A Journal of Decision Making (Print-ISSN 2231-0649, Online-ISSN 2231-0657) Vol 15, Issue 2, pp 127-133, June 2015.
- Research Paper titled “Assessment and Impact of Training and Development: A study of Manufacturing firms in Uttarakhand”, Quest- The Journal of UGC-HRDC Nainital (Print ISSN : 0974-5041. Online ISSN : 2249-0035) Vol 10, Issue 2, 2016
- Research Paper titled “Driving employee performance through talent management” accepted for publication in the International Journal of Environment, Workplace and Employment. Inderscience Publishers, 2018 (Scopus Indexed)
- Co-author of HR@Analytics, 2017 Global Vision Publishing House
- Critical Analysis of CSR scenario in India with special focus on making CSR as an important part of management education in the International Conference on Emerging India: The Role of Management& IT Education at HIMCS, Mathura, 2008
- A study of BPO industry in India: Opportunities and Challenges (presented at the International Conference on Business Challenges & Strategies in Emerging Global Scenario at PCTE, Ludhiana on 30/05/08)
- Changing Global Scenario of Industrial Relations (Presented at the International Conference on Management in Changing Global Scenario, at PCTE, Ludhiana on 22/05/09)
- Member of Organizing Committee of “Energy Conference 2010 on Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Business Incubation in Universities, conducted by UPES, Dehradun, 3rd&4thApril, 2010.
- Rethinking Development: People Centered Approach to Sustainable Consumption (Presented in National Seminar at Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi, 11-12 November, 2011)
- Comparison of Preferred Learning Methods of Under Graduate and Post Graduate Management Students: Developing a Flexible Teaching Pedagogy (Presented in a two-day National Seminar on Changing Paradigm on Management Education and its Relevance to Business Corporations, Organized by CVR College of Engineering, Sponsored by AICTE, March 4 – 5 2011)
- Member of Organizing Committee of MDP titled, ‘State of Art-HR’ at University of Petroleum& Energy Studies, Dehradun, 2011
- Participated in ‘Academia- Corporate interface for Upskilling Leaders of Tomorrow’ ,Seminar organized by PhD Chamber of Commerce and Doon University, 8thSeptember, 2012
- Competency Mapping: An Integration of HR Systems (Presented in National Seminar on Innovative Approaches in Designing and Managing Organization at SGRRITS, Dehradun, 8th December, 2012
- Program Co-coordinator of MDP, titled ‘Role of Assertiveness in Organization Effectiveness’ for Industries Association of Uttarakhand, Dehradun (IAU), 15th June 2013
- Conducted 1 day Training for EMAMI, Rudrapuron “Communication and Relationship Management”, 4thSeptember 2013.
- Conducted 1 day Training/Talk for Allenhouse Institute of Technology on “Role of Assertive Communication in Organizational Effectiveness” in National HR Conclave, 26thOctober, 2013.
- Undergone AICTE sponsored Short Term Course on Planning and Managing Human Resource Management: Tools & Techniques organized by IIT, Kharagpur(West Bengal) Duration- 15 days (25/4/14- 09/5/14)
- “Human Development and Economic Growth: A study of North Indian States”, Paper presentation at ICSSR sponsoredInternational Conference on Shifting Paradigms in Applied Economics and Management at SMVDU, Jammu and Kashmir, 1st & 2nd August 2014.
- Paper presentation of research paper, titled “Human Resource Planning: A Vehicle towards Achieving an Effective Supply Chain Management through Manpower” in Supply Chain Conference, 18- 19th Dec, 2014 at IIM, Bangalore.
- Poster presentation titled, “The invisible contribution of women of Uttarakhand: With special focus on Dehradun (Working paper) in 57thAnnual Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics held at Srinagar University, Kashmir, 10th– 12thOctober 2015.
- Attended FDP on “International Management: Current Opportunities& Challenges from 7th -11th April 2016 by Prof (Dr.) Thomas R Hummel, Fulda University of Applied Sciences, Germany at Graphic Era University.
Paper presentation of research paper, “Promoting Sustainable Practices; A Systematic Review” in 6thAnnual International Conference on Sustainability held at IIM Shillong, 2nd-4thMarch, 2017.
- Title: Abhivayakti Samudayik Kendra (ASK)- A major step towards Industrial Relations and its benchmarking on intranet.
Company: Tata Engineering (TELCO), Lucknow Duration: 8 weeks
- Title: Karmaphal- An innovative approach to Employee Welfare. Company: SAHARA
Duration: 6 weeks
- Title:Conducted research on “Evaluation of Rural Telephony” with Council for Social Development, Southern Regional Centre, Hyderabad in the state of Uttarakhand, 2009
Organisation: Council for Social Development, Southern Regional Centre,
Hyderabad for Planning Commission, New Delh Duration: One week
- Title: Mid-term evaluation study “ Impact assessment of Customized Farmer Training Program” by Agriculture Finance Corporation
Organisation: National Institution of Agriculture Extension Management, for
Ministry of Agriculture, Govt of India, 2011
Duration: One month (including 15 days field work)
- Seema Singh (Status- Awarded on 21stSeptember, 2015)
Title of Thesis- Work-Life Balance among employees in Private and Public Sector Banks of Uttarakhand.
- Mrs Shilpa Wadhwa (Status- Awarded on 13thOctober, 2018)
Title of Thesis- Role of Talent management practices in enhancing business performance- A comparative study of public and private sector banks in Haryana
- Monad University
Title of Thesis- Relationship between attributes and customer satisfaction (A study of e-commerce in Delhi and NCR).
Status- Awarded in 2016 to the research scholar, Anand Kumar.
CERTIFICATION (Psychometric Tools):
- FIRO-B and FIRO Businessfrom CPP, CA, USA in 2017 (Asia Region)
FIRO-B reports describe interpersonal needs for Inclusion, Control, and Affection, while FIRO Business reports describe interpersonal needs for Involvement, Influence and Connection for greater traction with senior leadership.
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII)from The Myers-Briggs Company, USA in 2020 (Asia Region)
The Strong Interest Inventory assessment provides robust insight into a person’s interests, so you can help them to consider potential careers, their educational path and the world of work. Built on psychologist John Holland’s theory, backed by more than 80 years of research into how people of similar interests are employed, and what motivates individuals in the workplace. It delivers effective and powerful results that contribute to your students’ success.