The objectives of this programme are to:
1. Produce students with the knowledge, competence and skills to cope with the demands of the University’s degree programmes, particularly in the area of Engineering.
2. Foster a positive approach to the acquisition of knowledge and skills in order to promote lifelong learning.
3. Build a foundation/bridging gaps, for foreign students to access higher education in Uganda.
4. Provide for an access route into Higher Education programmes in Physical Science at ISBAT University for students who have successfully completed the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent but who may not have attained sufficient grades to enroll for Diplomas or Degree programmes in Uganda.
- Bridging to Engineering Programmes
By the end of this programme, students should be able to;
1. Demonstrate basic knowledge of the underlying concepts, facts, theories and principles associated with the study and practice of engineering.
2. Plan, design and carry out experiments and investigations and identify any associated problems in the engineering domain.
3. Demonstrate knowledge and basic understanding of scientific instruments and apparatus used in engineering experiments including applications.
4. Demonstrate an ability to present, evaluate and interpret observations and experimental data, in order to develop lines of arguments and make sound judgments in accordance with basic theories and concepts of engineering.
5. Demonstrate an awareness of the limitations of engineering theories and models.
i. Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education or its equivalent with a Subsidiary Passes in any of the core science subjects mathematics, physics or chemistry obtained in the same sitting.
ii. Technical/Vocational Qualifications in Business or, Information Technology or related disciplines that are considered equivalent to the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (A-level).
iii. Students whose foreign secondary school qualifications are not considered equivalent to the Ugandan A-level (Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education) but permit admission into Higher Education in their respective home countries. Such students shall be required to have an equivalent of Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least five passes including Science subject such as mathematics, physics or chemistry.
iv. Students of Cambridge curriculum, upon completion of AS Level with 2 Advanced Subsidiary passes in core science subject such as mathematics, physics or chemistry.