The objectives of the program are to produce graduates who are able to undertake the design, development, testing and maintenance of high quality software, which will be used for benefit of the business community. They are able to meet the demands of respective industries for efficient, reliable software over the period of their professional life. They can make significant contributions to the country’s BUBU (Buy Uganda, Build Uganda) policy of the Government of Uganda by creating products and services useful for the use of the business environment of the country and beyond.
Duration: 2 Years
Diploma in Software Engineering programme is all about the core concepts of computer science that includes the subjects such as networking, operation system, programming, database, mobile computing and application development using latest tools, technologies and concepts. These are the essentials for implementation and deployment levels where the software engineering career requires candidates to be more productive and deployable.
- Analyst Programmer
- Software Developer
- Mobile App Developer
- Gaming Developer
- Web Programmer
- Database Developer
- Technical Customer Care Specialist
- Associate Software Engineer
- And many more…..
The minimum entry requirements for admission to the diploma programs are—
- For direct entry—
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes, or its equivalent; AND
- Minimum One (1) Principal pass and two (2) Subsidiary passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
- Students from other countries must satisfy the minimum eligibility by submitting the equivalency from the UNEB/NCHE, or produce proof of completing the International Foundation Programme or Higher Education Certificate from a recognized institution.